Monday, March 14, 2016

Mastermind Creations Jaguar - Ravage

Although I was perfectly satisfied with Masterpiece Ravage, I picked up Mastermind Creations Jaguar out of curiosity and I'm glad I did.

I guess he is about the right size for a cassette tape. The teeth in the holes are a nice detail. Unfortunately, I don't have tapes lying around for comparison. I certainly don't have a tape player, but it's probably not recommended to shove him into one. He could certainly use some paint applications, at least on one side. My youngest daughter didn't know what he was supposed to be. I feel old.

Transformation is pretty smooth. The instructions call out a specific step where the legs should be slid apart from each other because yanking may cause damage. I like how the panels for for his flanks cover up the tape holes, but I wished that they would lock into place.

I didn't realize how much I needed this oversized Ravage until I placed him next to an Autobot. Now, he can be a believable threat, especially to the minibots like Bumblebee. Masterpiece Ravage looks like a little cub next to Jaguar. His eyes are a metallic red. The inside of his mouth is a flat red. His body has die-cast to break up all the black plastic. The missile pods are chrome.

His mouth can open. There is a ball joint at the base of his head. His neck and upper torso are on a series of ball joints, hinges, and pistons allowing for an extremely smooth and expressive range of articulation. He has a double ab crunch. His legs are connected to his body by ball joints. His front legs are double jointed at the knees, with a swivel and hinge at the ankles. His rear legs are single jointed at the knees, but double jointed at the ankles. His tail even has a bit of vertical waggle. The missile pods are on swivels.

The only accessory is the cassette case, complete with foldout liner. It's a very nice presentation and so much nicer than simply coming in a cardboard box.

I'll probably display Jaguar on my Masterpiece Shelf. I'm not sure what I will do with Masterpiece Ravage now. Although I don't think I need oversized versions of Rumble and Frenzy, I hope Mastermind Creations does the same treatment for Laserbeak, Ratbat, Buzzsaw, Ramhorn, and Steeljaw.







No comments:

Post a Comment