Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Masterpiece Red Bumblebee

I picked up this version because he's small and I can easily squeeze him onto my shelf. If I had more room, I'd snag the various Optimus Prime redecos and the upcoming Ultra Magnus redeco.

He's a red Volkswagon Beetle, with an optional tire cover and plastic wheels. Unlike previous versions, the bumpers are chrome. The rear bumper keeps falling off on mine, but I think a bit of superglue will keep it in place.

Transformation is the same as the previous molds, but the backpack seems to click into place more securely. I still enjoy how a piece of the hood slides into a groove in his abdomen.

He still looks like Bumblebee, except he's red. Just like the previous versions, the forearms have an unsightly gap where his fists fold in, but a pair of covers can be found on eBay.

His head is on a hinge and swivel. His shoulders are on hinged ball joints. He swivels at the biceps, waist, and thighs, but his fists are static. He has universal hip joints. His elbows are single jointed, but his knees are double jointed. He has ankle tilts and rockers.

His only accessories are a pair of side view mirrors, the tire cover, and his gun. The gun is shiny blue and simply slots into the ports in his fists. It can store in the undercarriage in vehicle mode.

Red Bumblebee is a fun little piece if you enjoy the mold, but it's not really a must have figure. You can't use him as a Cliffjumper stand-in because the head sculpt is wrong and he's not a Porsche. If the box art from X-Transbots Arkose is any indication, that gap will be filled in soon. I'll probably flip the chest symbol around and stick a Decepticon logo on him because my Decepticon shelf is a bit bare compared to my Autobot shelf.







No comments:

Post a Comment